A regular at the coffee shop came in yesterday, the 2nd of January and shared about how someone she was listening to on the radio mentioned about how each year is made up of 365 days and how are you going to spend them. When you hear the number 365, that seems like a lot less than a year. Isn't it funny how our brain works? I like this perspective on the upcoming year and it is making me ponder how I would like to spend each day and what I would like to accomplish this year. However, first, I would like to think about all of the things I am grateful for in my life.
- My husband Matt and son Caleb
- My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and that I am a new creation with his death and resurrection on the cross.
- The Holy Spirit for his ongoing conviction in my life and bringing me back each time to want to be more like Jesus
- Living in the wonderful community of Mt. Vernon
- Matt's job so that I can only work part-time
- My job at Witte's End Coffee shop that I absolutely love
- Lattes and espresso
- My family and friends who are so supportive
- The ability to run, walk and be healthy
- Our church, Stonebridge. It is filled with so many wonderful people!
- food! I am a foodie, it is true. :)
This time last year with a newborn, I had a lot of desires and goals which I wanted to do but knew that it was not the time. Now with a one-year old, I have some goals and hopes as well but I realize that things have changed; in a good way and my goals will be more realistic and simple!
My goals/hopes for 2013:
- Pray more
- Spend more time reading my Bible
- Keep our kitchen counter mostly clear
- Continue to exercise regularly
- Spend as much time with Matt & Caleb as I can
- Invest in people and share about why I have hope in this life here on earth
Do you have any goals/hopes that you look forward to trying out this year?